Friday, March 2, 2012

Is your chronic vomiting or psychogenic vomiting actually Rumination Syndrome?

I am the mom of a 14 year old who suffered from Rumination Syndrome. The great news is that once you have this diagnosis, the treatment it can be just a one hour visit with a speech therapist who is trained to teach diaphragmatic breathing. For us it was that simple.

I am writing this blog on Rumination Syndrome primarily to help educate those who suffer from the syndrome, their parents, GI doctors, speech therapists, psychologists and psychiatrists.

The main incorrect diagnosis was chronic vomiting due to anxiety or some other psychogenic vomiting. The other diagnosis that were briefly entertained were reflux, cyclical vomiting and bulimia.

It turns out that very few GI doctors are educated about rumination syndrome. At the hospital we went to, which is one of the most reputable childrens hospitals in the world, the GI doc that saw my daughter for 6 months didn’t know what it was. She thought rumination syndrome was psychological (which can be but isn’t always a component). Another GI doctor at the same hospital was very well educated about Rumination Syndrome and knew the treatment. He had treated many patients with Rumination Syndrome. Unfortunately, this practice of GI docs at the hospital doesn't talk about their cases with the other practice that we were working with. We didn't find him until my daughter had been vomiting for 6 months.

5 comments:

  1. I am the mom of a 16 year old with rumination syndrome that has been misdiagnosed then mistreated--I am now looking for someone closer to home (diagnosis just confirmed in Milwaukee) to help her with the breathing. We are also in Chicago. Is it possible to speak with you? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We tried biofeedback and it didn't help at all. It is possible that a person well trained in biofeedback could successfully teach a kid diaphragmatic breathing (which is what the speech therapist at Children's successfully did).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am 29 years old and have been diagnosed with breast cancer, ease of treatment and a similar story, except for my first acceptance as a rejection of herbal medicine. I was not part of the Perseid movement and did not really build relationships with any of them, I just believed in their operation. I say this because it was during the use of Dr. Itua herbal medicine that I now attest that herbal medicine is real, the phytotherapy Dr. Itua heal my breast cancer which I suffered for 2 years. Dr. Itua herbal medicine is made of natural herbs, with no side effects, and easy to drink. If you have the same breast cancer or any type of human illness, including HIV / AIDS, herpes cancer,Ovarian Cancer,Pancratics cancers, bladder cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Autism,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,psoriasis ,Tach Diseases,
    Dementia.kidney cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, skin cancer and skin cancer.testicular Cancer, , LEUKEMIA, VIRUSES, HEPATITIS, INFERTILITY WOMEN / MAN, LOT OF LOVE, LOTTERY. ITS CONTACT EMAIL / WHATSAPP: info@drituaherbalcenter.com Or drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ +2348149277967
    Here is my contact phone number. +1-913-9518-145 if you would need some advise from me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiv disease for the last 3 years and had pain hard to eat and cough are nightmares,especially the first year At this stage, the immune system is severely weakened, and the risk of contracting opportunistic infections is much greater. However, not everyone with HIV will go on to develop AIDS. The earlier you receive treatment, the better your outcome will be.I started taking ARV to avoid early death but I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.As a Hiv patent we are advise to be taking antiretroviral treatments to reduce our chance of transmitting the virus to others , few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information on Hiv treatment with herbal medicine, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from Hiv her name was Achima Abelard and other Herpes Virus patent Tasha Moore also giving testimony about this same man,Called Dr Itua Herbal Center.I was moved by the testimony and i contacted him by his Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com OR info@drituaherbalcenter.com. We chatted and he send me a bottle of herbal medicine I drank it as he instructed me to.After drinking it he ask me to go for a test that how i ended my suffering life of Hiv patent,I'm cured and free of Arv Pills.I'm forever grateful to him Drituaherbalcenter.Here his contact Number +2348149277967...He assure me he can cure the following disease..Hiv,Cancer,Herpes Virus,Hpv,Pile,Weak Erection,Lyme Disease,Epilepsy,Glaucoma.,Brain Tumor,psoriasis, Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia. ,Bladder Cancer,Autism,Colorectal Cancer,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lung Cancer,Tay tach disease,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Lupus,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer, Seizures, fibromyalgia ,ALS,Hepatitis,Copd,Parkinson disease.Genetic disease,Fibrodysplasia disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome,Stroke,Hpv,Weak Erection,Liver/Kidney Inflammatory,Men/Woman infertility, bowel disease ,Huntington's disease ,Diabetes,Fibroid.

    ReplyDelete